Dental practice embezzlement can be a major dental management issue.
In a survey from The Wealthy Dentist, 52% of dentists who responded reported having been embezzled, while 48% say they have not been a victim of fraud.
“It happens to 95% of dental offices,” said an orthodontist. “The other 5% are ignorant, or have a spouse working the front desk.”
Jim Du Molin and Julie Frey discuss the problem of dental practice embezzlement:
“I was embezzled to the tune of over $1,000,000!” said a periodontist.
“You need to have several checks and balances to help prevent embezzlement, plus do random audits to let staff know you keep on top of checking records and books,” advised a pediatric dentist.