Dental Implants & Sedation Dentistry Are Also Popular
In our most recent survey, we asked dentists about their favorite treatment options. Cosmetic dentistry was the clear winner, pulling in over one-third of the total vote (and one-half of he general dentist vote). Dental implants were the runner-up.
There were distinct differences between general dentists and specialists. While nearly half of general dentists favored cosmetic dentistry, only 16% of specialists did. Among specialists, dental implants were the favorite treatment option.
There were also notable differences between urban and rural dentists. Rural dentists were significantly more likely to vote for cosmetic dentistry as their favorite option. While Invisalign was preferred by one-quarter of urban dentists, no rural dentists reported feeling the same way.
Here are some other treatment options dentists like:
- “Lasers.” (Maryland dentist)
- “Periodontal plastic surgery.” (Arizona periodontist)
- “Amalgam.” (North Carolina dentist)
- “Conventional orthodontics.” (Michigan dentist)
- “Third molars.” (New York dentist)
- “Crowns and bridges.” (Canada dentist)
- “Reconstructive dentistry.” (Kentucky dentist)
- “Endodontics.” (Canada dentist)
- “TMD.” (Michigan dentist)
- “Smile makeovers.” (Cosmetic dentist)