For $0.10 to $100 a click, your name and ad are now at the top of the search engine results for Cosmetic Dentist New York.
Aren’t you proud to see your name at the top?
Isn’t it amazing what money can buy?
Unfortunately, what you are buying is web positioning and visitors – not patients.
The fact is those visitors must be converted to new patient appointment requests. Sounds easy, but consider that 90 percent of dental websites are so badly designed that even finding an address is a major investigative feat.
The top 4 reasons dental Web sites can fail:
- The number one rule for all marketing is “Ask and You Shall Receive.” You must ask for the appointment on every page of the site! This means an obvious link to your appointments page – think “Make an Appointment Here.”
- You forgot to put your practice’s address and phone number on every page of your site! About 80 percent of the potential dental patient market is making its buying decision based on geographic proximity. It’s also critical that your phone number is always visible.
- You forget to have at least four different email response forms, including:
- A New Patient Appointment Request Form
- A Recall/Recare Appointment Request Form
- A Special Promotion Response Form (Free Cosmetic Exam, Save 50 percent on Whitening, etc.)
- A Practice Newsletter Registration Form
- Too much flash and dance and not enough real content. Consumers are trying to make a decision on a dentist or dental procedure. They are not visiting your site for a 60 second mini-movie of flashy graphics!
The bottom line is that unless you have a well-designed website that can convert potential new patients into appointment requests, you are wasting your dental marketing budget on PPC marketing.
To learn about how to create an Internet marketing campaign that works, download our complimentary video program: “Internet Tutorial #1: Advanced Website Strategies to Generate High-Value New Patients!”