But only having a dental website isn’t enough anymore, especially if that dental website isn’t geo-targeted and isn’t up-to-date with the latest dental keyword phrases.
A modern dental practice must maintain an active, keyword rich website, a dental practice Facebook page, and a Google Plus page, and it also helps to post some dental demonstration videos on YouTube.
Social media is a great way for dentists to engage and communicate with dental patients on a regular basis. It takes a little more work on the dental practice side to keep the social media engagement going.
It’s not just a one-time post with a teeth-whitening special.
Social media is a conversation between the dentist and his dental patients about what’s going on at the dental practice, what new cosmetic dental procedure patients like, what new treatment financing options are available and so on.
And using the new social media site Pinterest can further help dentists promote their dental practice.
If you aren’t sure about Pinterest for dental marketing, then check out the following stats compiled by Monetate Marketing Infographics about Pinterest —
Think about Pinterest as more of an online scrapbook that links to the websites where the images are found. This is the traffic power behind using Pinterest. Pinterest users “scrapbook” their ideas, hobbies, passions and inspiration with the world when they “pin” images to their virtual boards.
Members are able to follow each other and comment, just like other social media platforms. They also share their boards with each other.
Here are 7 ways a dental practice can use Pinterest for dental marketing –
1. Share images of your dental practice, both inside and out.
2. Share your before and after photos from those dental patients who have given permission to share their images online.
3. Encourage your dental patients to share their images on your boards. Ideas like “My dental patients graduating this year” and invite them to post their graduation photos with their beautiful smiles.
4. Share new dental equipment.
5. Even share the things you enjoy and you may find many patients who share your passions for trout fishing, race cars, or golf.
6. If you have dental patients who are getting married, ask them to share a couple of their wedding photographs.
7. Women are even planning their weddings on Pinterest. Think of the services you can offer a prospective bride that she may want to include on her wedding planning boards for things she wants to get done before the big day.
Dentists must be present in more places online, and recognize that dental patients increasingly want to engage in social media, regardless of the platform. Broadening your dental marketing to include image boards on Pinterest is a simple new way to showcase your dental practice in a positive light.
(If you would like to receive an invitation to join Pinterest, please let us know in the comments and we will send you an invitation from The Wealthy Dentist. To see The Wealthy Dentist on Pinterest, go to pinterest.com/wealthydentist)