Cosmetic Dentistry and the Media’s Effect on Patients: Survey


In our most recent survey, we asked dentists if increased media hype has led to more patients seeking cosmetic dental procedures. Just over half (56%) of our respondents said yes, the media has influenced their patients. Cosmetic Dentistry Survey ResultsThe remaining 44%, on the other hand, didn’t feel that media exposure changed their patients’ desires for aesthetic dentistry.

Said one dentist of his patients: “They are very interested – until they find out how much it costs!” Another commented, “I don’t necessarily use the products that are featured on the shows, but it opens the discussion to what I do offer.”

Here are a few other comments from our dentists:


  • Great. I wish these shows were on all year round.”
  • Brief interest that quickly faded away.”
  • “As usual, the media is deceptive and misleading.”
  • “Except for the shows that put forth a negative image, the exposure has been helpful.
  • “I can’t wait to see something on the Simpsons about cosmetic dentistry. That’s where it belongs.”



Post your own comments below, or check out the full results of our cosmetic dentistry and the media survey.

About Jim Du Molin

+Jim Du Molin is a leading Internet marketing expert for dentists in North America. He has helped hundreds of doctors make more money in their practices using his proven Internet marketing techniques.


© 2017, The Wealthy Dentist - Dental Marketing - All Rights Reserved - Dental Website Marketing Site Map

The Wealthy Dentist® - Contact by email - Privacy Policy

P.O. Box 1220, Tiburon, CA 94920

The material on this website is offered in conjunction with MasterPlan Alliance.

Copyright 2017 Du Molin & Du Molin, Inc. All rights reserved. If you would like to use material from this site, our reports, articles, training programs
or tutorials for use in any printed or electronic media, please ask permission first by email.