In our most recent survey, we asked dentists if their dental practice website marketing is worth its expense. Less than half (44%) said yes: internet marketing generates new patients and a positive ROI. The remaining 56% replied that they don’t believe that internet marketing has particularly helped find new patients.
Here are a few of the things our dentists had to say on the subject…
- “I think it is the future. As more people look for goods and services online we are going to see more people looking for us there as well.” (Oregon dentist spending $100 monthly)
- “Great concept, but I just haven’t seen much results.” (Mississippi dentist spending $30 monthly)
- “My website generates 4-5 new high-value patients monthly! The most recent patient needs $19,500 in restorative treatment, and he has already paid half BEFORE treatment begins!” (South Carolina dentist spending $600 monthly)
- “Website patients are likely to be skittish or scared, having avoided dentistry for some time. If they can be converted and have financial means, it can be good. Lots of email contact without appointment scheduling is common.” (Oklahoma dentist spending $800 monthly)
- “The younger generation has grown up with computers and the internet and uses that like our generation used the Yellow Pages.” (Illinois dentist spending $200 monthly)
- “Try it… I stopped.” (New York periodontist)
- “Brings in an educated, motivated patient. They usually have done their homework and are just looking for a practice that is compatible with their personality.” (Florida dentist spending $460 monthly)
Check out the complete dental internet marketing survey results.