Should Anti-Amalgam Dentist Larry Hanus Get His Dental License Back?


Dr. Larry Hanus lost his dental license years ago for his outspoken anti-amalgam views (read more). Now he’s asking for it back. When asked if Iowa’s board should reinstate him, 57% of dentists in our most recent survey said no: there are other issues with Dr. Hanus besides his recommendation that patients replace all their amalgam fillings. The remaining 43% supported him, saying that dentists must be free to voice their health concerns, even if the ADA doesn’t like it.

Dental Survey ResultsHere are a few of the comments our dentists had to share:


  • “Dr. Hanus should have his license back ASAP.” (California dentist)
  • “Half truths are never good.” (Louisiana oral surgeon)
  • “These guys are quacks.” (Georgia orthodontist)
  • “Return his license and apologize.” (Illinois dentist)
  • “As a health care provider, I should be able to say whatever I think if it is evident in my practice.” (Michigan prosthodontist)
  • The ADA doesn’t gag anyone… All they ask is that we be truthful, present all the alternatives to our patients and, above all, do no harm.” (Nevada dentist)
  • “I don’t know why you want to bash organized dentistry, and the ADA in particular, about the Hanus decision…. I thought this website was above such behavior.” (Ohio dentist)
  • “I think that ADA executives who’ve buried their heads in the sand should have their licenses suspended once the truth comes out.” (New Jersey dentist)
  • Amalgam has NO proven side effects… Dentists should not make unscientific recommendations to patients.” (Oregon prosthodontist)
  • Can we revoke his DDS as well? The man is NOT a scientist: he’s a hysterical scaremonger! (California endodontist)
  • Dentists are free to avoid materials that they do not like. But there indications for amalgam as there are for most materials, and dentists should not be trying to have amalgam eliminated from our armamentarium.” (New York pediatric dentist)
  • “It should be a non-issue. Amalgam is going away due to market forces related to cosmetics. In another 5 years it will fall all by itself.” (Alaska dentist)
  • More dentists should speak out. Can’t everyone see that there are two standards for mercury? It seems that the oral cavity is the only ‘safe’ place for mercury.” (Illinois dentist)
  • “Is this who you would send your family to?” (Oklahoma pediatric dentist)
  • Read more dentist comments or post your own below!



Check out the complete anti-amalgam dentist survey results…

About Jim Du Molin

+Jim Du Molin is a leading Internet marketing expert for dentists in North America. He has helped hundreds of doctors make more money in their practices using his proven Internet marketing techniques.


© 2017, The Wealthy Dentist - Dental Marketing - All Rights Reserved - Dental Website Marketing Site Map

The Wealthy Dentist® - Contact by email - Privacy Policy

P.O. Box 1220, Tiburon, CA 94920

The material on this website is offered in conjunction with MasterPlan Alliance.

Copyright 2017 Du Molin & Du Molin, Inc. All rights reserved. If you would like to use material from this site, our reports, articles, training programs
or tutorials for use in any printed or electronic media, please ask permission first by email.