Dentist Equipment Doesn’t Always Live Up to Hype (video)

Dental equipment satisfactionDentist equipment purchases sometimes leave dental practice disappointed.

In this survey, 83% of dentists said that many tools do not live up to advertised promises. The remaining 17% said that every piece of equipment has a learning curve, and equipment purchases had met expectations.

“Are you kidding? Damn near every piece of equipment has been over-hyped,” complained one dentist. “The drawbacks are omitted before the sale. If suppliers were real estate brokers, physicians, or even dentists they would have all lost their licenses years ago. It’s more like buying a used car than a piece of professional equipment.”

“Our Zoom light was more work than it was worth, and the patient needed to use tooth whitening trays anyway,” offered a dental hygienist.

Read more: Has your dental practice been disappointed by equipment purchases?


About Julie Frey

+Julie Frey is the Editor of TheWealthyDentist.com blog. She has dedicated her career to Internet marketing and communications, working side-by-side with dental marketing guru Jim Du Molin since 2006. She has a degree in Linguistics from Stanford University, has a passion for language and writing, and lives in San Francisco.

Disclaimer

© 2013, The Wealthy Dentist - Dental Marketing - All Rights Reserved - Dental Website Marketing Site Map

The Wealthy Dentist® - Contact by email - Privacy Policy

P.O. Box 1220, Tiburon, CA 94920

The material on this website is offered in conjunction with MasterPlan Alliance.

Copyright 2013 Du Molin & Du Molin, Inc. All rights reserved. If you would like to use material from this site, our reports, articles, training programs
or tutorials for use in any printed or electronic media, please ask permission first by email.