According to two out of three dentists, dentist websites, and radio and TV ads are “somewhat effective.”
Dentists were split over direct mail. In addition, yellow pages seem to be falling out of favor, as 71% of dentists report that phone book ads are “not effective” at attracting new patients.
Here are some comments from dentists:
- “Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals.” (Georgia dentist)
- “Keeping your name out there using multiple sources seems to be the most effective method of attracting a significant number of new patients.” (Tennessee dentist)
- “Networking with other businesses, especially chiropractors, podiatrists and MDs.” (New Jersey dentist)
- “We take pamphlets and seasonal items to local businesses, so each month it’s fun and we meet out local merchants.” (General dentist)
- “At this point, 12 new patients per month is all our practice can handle with one dentist.” (North Dakota dentist)