“There is absolutely no shortage of dentists,” declared one dentist.
Here are some other comments from doctors:
- “If I were younger I would open up in a rural area. Competition in NYC is tough.” (Urban dentist)
- “We are oversaturated in the suburb of the large city I live and work. Travel about 20 miles away from this suburb into the rural countryside, and those areas are underserved.” (Ohio prosthodontist)
- “Not only overserved, but more new dental practices than patients are moving into the area.” (Suburban Illinois dentist)
- “Over-marketed also.” (Suburban Pennsylvania dentist)
- “Shut down more dental schools!” (Suburban dentist)
- “When I moved into this town, the population was about 26,000 and there were nine dentists. Today, the population is about 55,000 and there are sixty-three dentists in the phone book. So the population has about doubled, but the number of dentists has grown seven-fold!” (Suburban California dentist)